Friday, December 02, 2005

A special thank you to our friends!

**I originally created this post back in July but today I decided to update it because there are so many more people that I feel like I need to thank!**

Today I've been thinking about all of our friends and relatives who are so happy for us and so very supportive. Last night we had a church from West Virginia's mission team over to play in our pool. Our preacher was with them and he told everyone about Brinley. They were all so happy for us....and for Brinley. So many people have been so kind and full of love from the start about Brinley.

*Alyssa F....always ready to listen to any news about Brinley and so happy for us!

*Mrs. Velma....so full of smiles and congratulations when I shared our news with her and always ready to notarize Brinley's papers!


*Mrs. Diane I....thank you so much for your support! You are one in a million!

*Lindsey....listened to me talk about China and babies the entire time she was pregnant with sweet little Anna and wrote the most wonderful reference letter for us.

* Lori Flake....happy, happy, happy for us! Our girls will play together in the church nursery! :)

*Preacher Judy....our prayer warrior and support from the very beginning! We can never, ever thank you enough for all of your advice, support and prayers!

*DEE (my mom)....the proudest granny in the world! So eager to have this new little person to spoil rotten!

*Annette I...so happy for us! Such a sweet friend!

*Mrs. Millie at Calhoun Academy....gave us the "green light" to take Brice out of school so that he can travel with us to China.

*Mrs. Tommie Sue....sooooooo happy for us!!!

*Mrs. Harriet C...so encouraging to us!!

*Rachelle....my newest bestest friend! What would I ever do without the supportive emails and prayers from this person I have never met?

*VJ....my fingerprintin' partner! So much helpful information through this paperchase maze! Thank you, VJ!

*"Grandma Bettie"...thank you for being "Grandma" to Josh, Kristen, Keith, Brice and Brinley! We love you!

*Aunt Mae, Uncle Bill and B'linda.........you are all so wonderful and we just love all of you so much! Thank you for loving Brinley!

*Rebekkah B. (Brice's teacher).....the best second grade teacher in the entire world! Hoping she'll stay at Calhoun Academy and teach Brinley, too! :)

*Donna Lott....supportive from the beginning and always there for us!

*Heather H....mama of the beautiful Leila! Thank you for always being there to listen! Hoping that someday we can sit and watch Brinley and Leila play together!

*My LateAugustDTC family! I love each and every one of you! I can't thank you girls enough for always being there through the highs and lows of this journey! We are all finally making it to the end of this phase! Some of us have already brought our little one home, some of us are in China now and some of us are getting ready to go or are waiting on our TA.......all of you are so special! I hope we will all stay in touch after we've all returned from China!!!

*Troy & Beth Jacob......Troy & Beth are also adoptive parents. When I was wondering how on earth people deal with special needs children, Troy was posting to the Children's House International group about his beautiful daughter Shiloh. He unknowingly let me know that cleft lip and palate was something we could deal with. If he hadn't shared so much from his heart, I don't know if I ever would have truly believed that cleft lip and palate could be so easy to deal with. Thank you, Troy & Beth for sharing Shiloh's story!

*Sandi P....mama of the beautiful Sabra! Thank you for sharing her sweet photos with me! She is so special! I hope we can get together someday so that Sabra and Brinley can play!

*LeeAnn M....how many questions can one person ask about an SWI? If you want to know the answer to this question, you can ask LeeAnn because I am sure I must have pushed the limit by now! LOL LeeAnn is above and beyond special and will always have a very special place in my heart for her kindness! Thank you, LeeAnn!

*Nona M....thank you for sharing so much of your information with us! I feel like we are better prepared for the trip thanks to you and your helpful info!

*Darlene & Lulu......thank you for the pictures of Brinley in the SWI! Those photos are invaluable to us!!!

*Nina....this lady gave me so much hope and inspiration when we first started talking about adoption! Nina, I can never thank you enough for your prayers and talks! You are truly an angel!

*Beth E....mom of the beautiful Mei Mei and Liza! Thank you for caring! Your girls are so sweet! I hope that Brinley will have many play dates with them in the future!

*Tina P....thank you for being my friend and thank you for caring so much! You and Bud are so special to us!

* "Lola"....my baby girl....my buddy....my confidante....thank you for being such a wonderful daughter. Someday you'll be making your own trip to China to bring home my grandbaby! You have blessed my life in more ways than I could ever count! I love you!

* "Joshie"....my oldest baby boy....my techno wizard! I miss you so much! How did you grow up so quickly??? I'm so glad you will be home for Christmas! I am so very proud of you! I love you!

* "Wubbie"....my middle baby boy....for almost 3 years we have been a family and you have blessed my life and Josh and Kristen and Brice's lives so much! You are going to be an EXCELLENT big brother to Brinley! Thank you for making me laugh! I am so proud of you!!!! I love you!

* "Tootie"....my baby boy....thank you for just being "The Brice Man". I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much and I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you!!!!!

*Marty.....today is the day we met 5 years ago. The time has gone so quickly and yet it seems like we have always been together. You are such an awesome husband and a wonderful daddy! My life has been so very blessed each and every day that you have been a part of it. Thank you for opening your heart to all of us......and to Brinley! I know that she is going to have you wrapped around her little finger and she will definitely be a Daddy's girl just like her sissy! I love you......you still amaze me!

So many good friends....I know I missed a LOT of people with this little list....everyone is so special! Our "families" at Providence Baptist Church and Calhoun Academy are such a blessing to us! My online friends have truly amazed me with their caring and compassion!

~Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Hello, everyone, since youre shopping in China today I wanted to make sure I got my wish list in on time. My wish list is.... ready
Please come home safely. You are loved and missed.
Pastor Kimmett