Monday, July 02, 2007

RAFFLE!!!

My wonderful friend Donna is holding a raffle for us! She will be raffling off this absolutely gorgeous Mei Tai that she's created!
This is a post she made to one of the wonderful groups we both belong to.

Introducing
~Tava Tai~
Well, actually I have some tweaking to do & I wasn't going to debut until later this summer. But......this will give you all a taste of what is to come & it will help out a friend of mine at the same time.
Sharon (MyLittlePretty) and her family are going back to China to bring back her second Asian beauty. They weren't planning on adopting again so soon, but she didn't know what was in store! Her story and faith is amazing. They have worked hard to raise the neccessary funds to return to China! Including starting her own WAHM business. They only have the last little bit to go. They need $2,835 more for the orphange fee. They are leaving July 18th!
I would love to help her reach this goal.
All proceeds from this raffle will go directly to the children left behind in this sweet girls first home. On to the details.
This is a Mei Tai designed for the big kiddo. The front is decorator weight "Flashback" reversing to turquoise Dupioni silk with khaki denim straps. It is a "baby" size at 20 x 16 inches, but I carry my 2 1/2 year old in this design all the time. It has about 74 inches top straps.



The hood reverses to green silk.

The waist & shoulder staps are padded. The straps are sandwiched between two layers of denim & extend all the way to the waist strap creating an internal x for extra support.
The sleeping hood attaches with a clips to a side strap loop. Attention to every detail.
But wait.........I saved the best for last!!
NO MORE PARKING LOTS STRAP DRAGGING!!
Sorry, I don't have an action picture, but this works great!! There is a single snap on the waist band & midway on the shoulder strap. Snap them up like shown above and tie the waist strap, put your kiddo on your back & pull to unsnap & tie the shoulder straps. The straps don't touch the ground!! At least they don't on me & I am 5'5" and there is some wiggle room.
So there it is..If you would like to take a chance on something new & super supportive and help a great momma at the same time..............than this is the raffle for you.
Sharon will be adding something from her store to sweeten the pot a bit.
Auction ends July 8th with winner to be announce July 9th. Tickets are $10 each. Please send FUNDED paypal only to 2China4Bailey@gmail.com for as many tickets as you desire. This is Sharon's account. Please put "Flashback MT" in the memo when you pay. Then send a email to me at slipskinz@yahoo.com with the number of tickets bought.
Donna


Very blessed wife to Charlie and mom to 3 homeschooled, home & water birthed, boys (13, 9, 5) & one born in my heart asian beauty!
~Maker of SlipSkinz ~

I will be adding a tote bag from My Little Pretty! I will embroider the design of your choice from one of the hundreds of designs I have available on to one of these great bags I offer! Your choice of color and embroidery design!


Thank you so much to everyone who has bought a raffle ticket! Your generosity amazes me! Please note that Donna is requesting "Funded PayPal" only. This is so that we will receive 100% of your donation instead of a percentage of it going to PayPal. If you would really like to buy a ticket but you don't have any funds in your PayPal account, you can use "ChipIn" on our site and Donna will still receive the info for your raffle tickets.

One very blessed mom,
Sharon





No comments: