Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Paperwork & Notary

Bailey Shay is now officially a Millender girl! :)  HOOOORAY!!!  Today we did lots of paperwork and signed many papers and stamped our thumb prints on them, assured several people that we will love Xin Ru and will never abandon or abuse her and now she is OURS!!!


I still can't believe we finally have her with us.

Last night she went to sleep pretty quickly when I laid her down. She was on the bed with me. At around 1 I woke up to her laying on her chest with her knees drawn up and rocking herself  back and forth. She was looking at me but not making a sound. Just looking at me with fear. I rubbed her back and she calmed down and went back to sleep.  Around 5 she woke up again and started doing the same thing.  I picked her up and she started crying and pointing to the door. I scooped her up, ran a tub of water with lots of bubbles and she was giggling before I could even get her nightgown and diaper off of her. Brinley woke up a few minutes later and jumped in too. She's been fine all day. The lady from the orphanange who brought her to us yesterday saw her several times today and she would talk to her but she didn't want to go with her. She did fuss a bit when we did her footprint but only for a second.

All day today she's carried around a lollipop Marty bought for her yesterday. She's finally eating it right now and she is just as happy as can be.

Brinley goes back and forth between wanting to baby her and wanting to be the baby. That was expected.
Bailey is very ticklish and she has the funniest little giggle!  I still can't believe how tiny she is. She is wearing a size 12-18 months dress right now. I never thought it would fit her but they didn't have an 18/24 months when I bought it and I wanted her and Brinley to have matching dresses. I thought I'd have to put shorts on with it.
She and Brinley are both very silly when they get wound up!
Last night Bailey was standing in the window waving at the traffic 9 floors down and saying "Ni Hao! Hello!".
She repeats just about anything we tell her.

She is wearing size 6 shoes.

We will post more photos in a bit.

Thank you so much for all of the emails and messages!
Every single one of them means so much!!











No comments: