Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Great Wall

We went to the Great Wall today.  I made it up to the first landing.  I looked up that mountain of steps and declared that I'd just wait right there for everyone else. Marty, Chris and Leslea kept going.  Leslea went to the next level and came back to wait with Brinley and me.  Marty and Chris kept going and made it up to the FIFTH tower before they ran out of time and had to come back so that Leslea and Chris could catch their flight to Inner Mongolia.  (They are on the plane now!)
So, Marty went up to the fifth tower and I had to do something spectacular too so I fell down the last two steps of the Great Wall.  ouch.  It was pretty embarassing when the little Chinese ladies were trying to help me up!  LOL  I am fine.  Just sore in my arms and shoulders where I tried to catch myself.
We visited a jade factory, and a cloisonne factory today.  We had lunch at a local restaurant. Everyone said it was good.  I only ate rice and watermelon. I'm just terrified of being sick again like I was before when we were here to adopt Brinley.  So far, so good.  Brinley does have some upset tummy today so we didn't take the rickshaw tour as planned and honestly we are tired of touring and really just want to get to Nanning tomorrow so that we can finally meet Bailey!
We've had Subway for supper. Brice, we got Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki like you like but it tastes a bit different here. It was good though.
Marty and Brinley are sound asleep on the bed and I could easily pass out too but I just have to wait for Chris and Leslea to post that they have Olivia. I have only known this couple for a short time but their love for each other and for Olivia is so touching. I can't wait to hear that they have their daughter later tonight.  I have been focused on Leslea meeting Olivia all day today to keep my jitters away about us meeting Bailey tomorrow! LOL  Of course, Bailey is on my mind constantly!
We leave this hotel at 5:30am to fly to Nanning. We will receive Bailey tomorrow evening. With Brinley it was 4:30 so we guess it will be around the same time for Bailey.  We will know more tomorrow after we arrive.
Please keep us in your prayers!!! Thank you so much to all of you who have been emailing us! We appreciate hearing from you more than you will ever know! It means so much to hear from friends while we are so far away!
Hugs and love to all from Beijing!








































No comments: