Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Two Years Ago Today


Two years ago June 5 was a Sunday. I can recall a few moments of that day like it just happened. I was sitting in church listening to the music and the preacher. Out of nowhere I saw the face of a little girl in China. She was listed with Children's House International as Brynli and I immediately thought, "I could love this child." Marty and I had decided not to persue adoption until October and it was June but I knew in my heart that this was the child meant for us.
I won't rewrite the story of how we decided to adopt Han Wei Ya. It's all here in our blog. It was the first entry I made on our blog.

But I would like to say THANK YOU to Stefani at Children's House for placing this sweet child with us. What would our lives be like without Brinley? I can't imagine not having Wonder Pets, bubble gum and Brinley's laughter in our daily lives. God has blessed us with this child and we are so humbled and thankful that we were chosen to be her parents.

She is funny and silly and loving and compassionate and outgoing and shy and hardheaded and spunky and .................everything that is wonderful. :)

1 comment:

Our family said...

Sharon,
How amazing it must be to reflect back on that day. You are such a wonderful mother to your children, and I know Bailey will be so blessed to call you "Mom"! I am so glad that we have become friends and that our girls can grow up together and share their struggles and joys with each other!
Jan