Monday, June 11, 2007

Something I Wanted To Share...

For some reason I feel led to share the story of something that happened to us several months ago. I started a fundraiser to bring our little girl home. Then we were going to name her Rylie. I sent out emails to everyone who had contacted us about adoption in the past and asked them to subscribe to their favorite magazines through our fundraising site.
After that email went out we received an email from someone named Julianna W. She had emailed me before about a little boy on the Children's House list. His name was Keaton. She emailed me after receiving our subscription fundraiser and stated,

"Sharon;
I would like to donate a check for $8,000! I would also like to order subscriptions to send to people, but don't see how to do this and variety of magazines seems very limited?

Thank You!
Julianna"

Needless to say, I was in shock.

"Julianna, is this a joke? 'I would like to donate a check for $8,000!'

If you click on the subscriptions you would like then when you check out it will allow you to send them to individual addresses.

Please let me know if this is a joke. I am just speechless.........and in tears.

Sharon"

"No, I am very extremely serious with my offer of a check $8,000!

I could call you on the telephone to confirm if you would like?

When is Rylie coming home?"

I emailed our phone number and address to her.

Ten days later out of the blue we rec'd this message.

"Sharon;

I apologize for the delay. I have been involved in a friends Custody hearing. I am Fed Exing my check to you,in the amount of $8,000!

I am clueless to where you received my contact information from, but alot of the Forums that I have been on have active participants in Fundraising also! Have you tried publicly asking?

How are magazine subscriptions going?

Julianna"

We never heard anything else from this person. We can only assume that it was a very cruel joke. It hurts to know that there are people out there who will do this to others. I hope that by posting this it will save someone else from getting their hopes up if she emails you.

Peaches95827 is the email name she uses. Please don't let her get your hopes up too.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am so sorry this happened to you. People are so cruel. I am sending hugs your way.

I love your girl's names.

Hugs,