Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Guilin Foster Care



Brinley and Bailey are both from the Guilin SWI in the Guangxi Province. I heard that Grace & Hope for Children was looking for an assistant for their Foster Care Coordinator.
Since we have two daughters from this SWI it is very, very special to me and holds a very dear place in my heart. I prayed about it and decided to apply for the position. The information was posted in the Guilin SWI group on Yahoo and several people applied for the position. It was decided that two assistants will be needed and that these two people will take over as Foster Care Co-Coordinators at a later time. I feel so blessed to be able to say that I was one of the applicants chosen for the position. It is strictly volunteer but I am just so happy to be giving back to the Guilin SWI. Brinley's care was nothing short of phenomenal and from all we can tell and what we have heard Bailey's care is the same.

Thank you, Lord for giving me this opportunity to help. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharon,
I'm so glad that I checked your blog tonight. Congrtas! I know you must feel so good to know that you will be able to give back to their orphanage and make a difference in the lives of those precious children who still wait! Hang in there. You know that Bailey's in good hands and that the two of you will be together soon! I wish she were near Lilly and I could go hug her for you!
Jan