Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Brice speaks up....


Last week we were doing childcare at our church on Friday night for a special group that was meeting. We only had a few kids so they were just running around being silly and stuff.
They decided to watch "High School Musical" and do the sing along version. Brice wasn't really into it so he was doing some other stuff. However, he did overhear one of the little girls who was watching the movie say "Eeeeew, Chinese!" when the principal was talking to Gabriella. (I think that's her name.) Anyway, he went over to this little girl who, by the way is of mixed races and LOVES to tell everyone that she has "black family and white family". She is very proud of this and she is so stinkin' cute! Anyway, Brice goes over to her and without hesitation says, "Hey, didn't you notice my sister? She IS Chinese, you know." I could tell he was wanting to turn this into a big confrontation but when the little girl just shrugged her shoulders he just walked away. I could tell he really didn't like her comment about Chinese people in general. I'm glad to know that he thought enough of his sister to say something and I'm glad he didn't get into a big fuss like some people might have at that age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I was catching up on your blog and wondered where you got the "valentine" dress for Brinley with the heart and character for love???? It is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!!!

Congrats on your newest miracle too.

Leslie in Tn. ( mother of CLP litle girl from China too)