Thursday, May 11, 2006

Surgery!

When we arrived at the hospital at 8am Tuesday morning we were told to have a seat and wait.
So we did.
This is me waiting with my daddy & my Mei Mei.
In just a little while they brought me this beautiful gown to wear. They told me I could wear my hairbow ("air mow") until it was time to go to surgery. I thought that was a good idea.Mei Mei was going to surgery with me......so she got a nice sticker for being a good girl.My mommy didn't wear any makeup which is a good thing because she cried a lot.
I sure do love my mommy!Hey cool! Mommy & Daddy brought pictures of me with them! I'm so cute!
I hope they brought some good pictures! I better check them out to be sure!WHEEL-O!!!
My daddy found this great toy for me to play with while we waited on Dr. Giles! It didn't take very long for Dr. Giles to come by and check on me.
He found me in the playroom!I showed him my "AAAAaaah" and he listened to my "tick tock". He said they'd come back to get me in just a little while.While we were waiting........
Daddy pushed me up and down the hall in this super cool car!Granny Mae & Boss came by to check on me.I played in the playroom some more!Of course, Daddy had to play with the workshop! I liked the tools!
I have my own toolbox, you know!It wasn't long before they came and took me to surgery. We don't have any pictures of that because my mommy was crying a lot and I was too.....but it wasn't very long until I was asleep and Dr. Giles was fixing my "AAAaaaahhh".
My surgery took three hours to complete and Dr. Giles said it went "WONDERFULLY!"
HOORAY!!!!!
It didn't take very long for them to move me to Intensive Care. My mommy and daddy were sooooooooo happy to see me! They let my mommy hold me right away and that made me feel much better!I slept a lot. My mommy didn't.When I woke up the next morning my mommy said I looked like Angelina Jolie.
Who is that???It didn't take me long to start drinking a little bit. They gave me a "tiny cup" that I could hold myself and it wasn't a sippy cup! I must be a big girl!At 2pm Wednesday I was moved out of Intensive Care to a regular room on the floor. I can still laugh and smile!Around 6pm they told us that we could go home because I was doing so well! Let's go HOME, Daddy!!!!

P.S. Mei Mei is doing fine, too! :)



A big, big thank you to Mrs. Donna & Mr. Kimmett & Mrs. Debbie & Preacher Judy for coming to the hospital to wait with my mommy & daddy and Granny Mae & Boss. It really meant a lot to all of them.
Thank you also to everyone who called to check on me. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family & friends.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, thank you so much for sharing this with us. I am crying as I read through and look at the pictures...Brinley, you are truely a brave and inspiring little girl!!
Susan