Friday, June 23, 2006

We have officially applied!

Yesterday I eagerly made my way to the post office to mail our official application to Cradle of Hope. I sent it via overnight mail so Kelly should receive it today. Sending it off was delayed when I forgot that the PO closed early on Wednesday. I am soooooooo nervous and I don't know why. I guess it is because another family was wanting to adopt XinRu and they were turned down by the agency.
So, now we sit and wait to see what happens next. I guess we will get a call or an email soon.
My friend Karen is going to the SWI in a few weeks and is going to take a photo album from us for XinRu. She is going to adopt Ryleigh.
It is a funny feeling that my online "family" knows all about XinRu but not our family that surrounds us everyday. I talked to my mom yesterday and she didn't mention XinRu so I guess she thinks we decided not to go forward with the adoption. Won't she be surprised when we tell everyone?!? LOL She will love this little girl just as much as she loves the rest of them. :)

No comments: