Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mom's Turn

Yesterday was my turn for oral surgery.  Not my idea of how to spend a rainy Monday morning by any means. BUT....it had to be done.  Yesterday I was pretty much in a codeine induced stupor to ward off the throbbing pain in my jaw.   Today is better.  The codeine makes me feel like my head weighs 50 lbs and I haven't even taken any today!  Just the lingering effects of yesterday.

Now I am piled up on our couch with a pretty ladybug comforter and Keith's laptop lookin' like I have a jawbreaker tucked away in my cheek.  Not a pretty sight, I guarantee!  (A jawbreaker would be good right now!  Marty and I have given up "sweets" for Lent.  M&Ms and Girl Scout cookies beckon to me!)

While confined to the couch for my own safety I've been checking out some of my favorite blogs like Whatever, Ni Hao YallThe Pioneer Woman and Bring The Rain.  I've found inspiration in each of these blogs today.  I'm thankful I've been given this time to sit and read and consider the writings of these women. Check them out.....plenty of inspiration to go around!


3 comments:

Our family said...

So sorry you had to endure oral surgery. Sounds like you were having a nice peaceful recovery though doing some things that you enjoy! That makes the pain a little bear - but not much! Hope all 3 of you are back to normal!

Our family said...

"That makes the pain a little better" - yeah that's what I meant to type!

Jennifer O'Cain said...

Hope you are feeling better.

Jennifer