Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Snapshot: Keith

Keith is our 16 year old. I didn't give birth to him so some may argue that he is not mine. He is. He and his dad came as a package deal when we were married in May, 2003. Yes, he has a great mom. I'm not his mom but he is still one of my kids. He calls me "YaYa". He has grown up so much since the day he was his daddy's best man and carried my ring so carefully.
I am so proud of Keith. He never complained when his little sisters took up the majority of our time and he probably didn't get as much attention as he should have. He's always happy to help out around the house and even though he is almost 5 years older than Brice, they have an amazing friendship. He and his sister Kristen have a similar sense of humor and he will often come in and ask "When will Kristen be here? I have to tell her something."  "Something" is usually a joke!  You can't help laughing at his jokes and silliness.  Keith plays a mean bass guitar and you can always count on him to eat any cake batter remaining in the bottom of the mixing bowl.  :)   He is considerate and kind and I am so glad that he is his daddy's son.....our son.







 





 

"Dirt Surfing"


 
 

Not too cool for Chuck E. Cheese with his little sisters!

Not the best quality photos by any means but I really loved sitting here going through our old photos and remembering these great times with Keith.

Read more about Sunday Snapshot on Stefani's blog.


Ni Hao Y'all



6 comments:

Stefanie said...

How FUN!! Seeing him grow up through those old pictures... that was great!
And he sounds like quite a guy! Love that he'll go to Chuck E. Cheese with his little sisters :)
So glad you joined in Sharon!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love Keith's name for you!! Well, you know that you don't have to give birth to have a child. Keith is lucky; he has 2 Moms that love him very much! He is turning into a young man - I love that he calls you YaYa ;)

Sharon said...

One of Brinley's red threads was that her Chinese name is YaYa. When I inquired about her file and Stefani @ Children's House told me "her name is YaYa" I just about fell over! :) Love those RED THREADS...woven by God. :)

More Kids 4 Me said...

Hi Sharon,

Loved your snapshot of Keith. He sounds like a wonderful young man!

Anne

Julie said...

You have a lovely family, Sharon.

Dardi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I, too, love looking back over the photos and watch the kids grow & change. Sounds like he is in the making for a wonderful young man!