Friday, August 17, 2007

Catching up.....

Not a lot of time lately to add to our blog. We are all doing great! The girls love each other and fight with each other equally. They are getting along better every day. Brinley wants to be the boss but so does Bailey. They are finally learning that neither of them is qualified for the job.

Bailey is sleeping better. She goes to bed around 8:30 or 9 but always wakes up between 2 and 3am. She is like a little alarm clock. We hope she will outgrow this. For now, I go in and get her and bring her and put her in bed with us. She is asleep right away and doesn't wiggle around very much so she's not really a bother. I just have trouble going back to sleep sometimes.

We've celebrated Brinley's birthday since coming home. She turned 4 on August 4. We didn't have a big party. Just her grandparents were here to celebrate with us. I was so tired, I don't remember a whole lot about it and she probably doesn't either.

Thank you again to everyone who prayed for us before, during and after our trip to bring Bailey Shay home. We appreciate each and every email, guest book entry and call we have received.

Rachelle and Jan, I know that both of you were praying for us and it means so much to have friends who have BTDT to talk to!

We will try to post more often. Dee, I know that you love seeing the pictures of all 6 of your grandbabies! I'm so glad you are feeling better! We will see you again soon!

Sarah, I can't wait for you to meet your newest cousin Bailey. She is a silly girl!

Marty, my sweet hubby, thank you so much for believing in me and for believing that these little girls were ours. It would have been so easy for you to say "no" both times and I am so thankful that you didn't. I can't imagine not having Brinley and Bailey in our family. I am so very blessed to have such a wonderful christian husband who loves God, me and our children. You are my dream come true and I just love you to pieces! :)

On the plane from Newark to Columbia!




Hong Kong to Newark.

Hong Kong airport.
Bailey's first day home!
Josh tries on Boss' new hat.

Kristen.......I was soooo happy to see my baby!


Boss in his stylish new pea pickin' hat.
Brinley's 4th bday! Boss sure was happy!
Blowing out the candles!

A gift from DEE!







Happy, happy girl!





Beautiful Brinley!











She can go from the above photo to this one in about a half a second. That language barrier is tough but we are all learning to figure out what she needs and wants. She is learning some English words like Mommy, Daddy, doggie, all of her siblings names, bye bye, hello.........and she tries to sing Jesus Loves Me! :)

3 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Sharon
Loving all the pictures! What a beautiful family you have!!!
Blessings
Tonni

Donna Geer said...

Did you make that gorgeous birthday cake??
Will you come give me lessons? Mine always turn out rather pathetic!

Love the pictures & glad all is going as smooth as can be expected for such a major transition.

Blessings to you!
Donna

Our family said...

Sharon,
I am so happy that the Lord has blessed us with the gift of friendship. I am so thankful to know you and to be able to share in your joy. God has blessed each of us with beautiful girls who were born in our hearts. May he continue to be with each of you as you adjust to having Bailey at home.
Jan