Saturday, October 15, 2005

To YaYa or Not To YaYa

For those of you who are unaware, my kids call me "YaYa". Marty and I have been married for about 2.5 years. When we got married, his son Keith wasn't sure what to call me. So, Lola told him that I'd said once upon a time that I'd like to be called "YaYa" when I have grandchildren. So, for the past 2.5 years, I have been called "YaYa" by Keith, usually by Brice and occaisionally by Josh and Lo.
Now we are adopting the lovely Miss Han Wei Ya. You'll never guess what her little nickname is in the orphanage! That's right! She is "YaYa"!!! So, now we have the quandry of wondering what Keith will now call me since everytime he yells out "YAYA!!!" Brinley will think that someone is calling her.
We do want to call her Brinley. (I think Lola is planning on calling her "Beaner" ever since I dreamed that everyone was calling her that! ugh!) We just hope she will adjust to hearing "YaYa", too.

No comments: